Ask Nancy

Do You Have a Question?

I'll be answering ten questions each month... and if your question is chosen, I'll post a personalized response!

Submit Your Question

Many recipes call for heavy cream and no one really explains what heavy cream is. Is it half and half, coffee cream or whipping cream?

Marilyn - from Royal Oak, MI

Heavy cream is called whipping cream in many places. It is also sometimes labeled as heavy whipping cream.

Return to Ingredients questions

The Public Television cake decorating show providing easy projects for special celebrations. Not intended to replace instructional classes.