Ask Nancy

Do You Have a Question?

I'll be answering ten questions each month... and if your question is chosen, I'll post a personalized response!

Submit Your Question

For cake pops the recipe calls for decorator icing, do you mean royal icing?

Pat - from Clare, MI

No, decorator icing is like a buttercream icing. It does not harden like royal icing. You want to use an icing that is creamy, like buttercream.

Return to Buttercream Icing questions

The Public Television cake decorating show providing easy projects for special celebrations. Not intended to replace instructional classes.