Ask Nancy

Do You Have a Question?

I'll be answering ten questions each month... and if your question is chosen, I'll post a personalized response!

Submit Your Question

What is the tool called that you cut the dowel rods with?

Ann - from St. Louis, MO

The tool I used on the show to cut my plastic dowel rods is a pipe cutter. They’re available wherever you buy tools. Plastic dowel rods can also be cut with serrated knives.

Return to Tiered Cakes questions

The Public Television cake decorating show providing easy projects for special celebrations. Not intended to replace instructional classes.